The Knowledge Commons
The Knowledge Commons - a great library experience!
A “one-stop-shop” for undergraduates with access to many resources to assist with their work. Three UCT Libraries’ staff and 22 Student Navigators offer a service that is available 74 hours a week and accessed by over 8000 students a week.
Inspired by the innovative facility in the Leavey Library at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, the Knowledge Commons has developed into one of the most popular services on the UCT campus.
At the main entrance to the Chancellor Oppenheimer Library.
Mon - Thurs: 08h00 - 22h00
Fri: 02h00 - 18h00
Sat: 09h00 - 17h00
- 105 PCs
- 8 group study rooms
- Printing and scanning facilities
- WorldCat & ALEPH (the online catalogue)
- Electronic databases
- Electronic journals (full-text)
- SACAT (online catalogue of South African libraries)
- Electronic reference books
- MS Office (and online training)